Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Smile, you're not poor, you're at hope.

A state senator in Washington state actually wants to change the verbiage for the poor. Poor is no good. Disadvantaged? No, that has a negative connotation. At risk? Tsk, tsk, risk is bad. This representative actually wants to change the phrase for poor children to "at hope".

The person who wants to change "at risk" and "disadvantaged" to "at hope" holds elected office. Seriously. I suppose I should be happy that its only state government, on the other side of the country. I'm not, but maybe I should be.

Ah, I'm being unconstructively cynical again. I should think happy thoughts, and ignore the fact that the way things are going, many more people will find themselves "at hope"over the next couple years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home